We love the cosplay community and encourage fans to attend the show in costume and showcase their love of their favorite characters. That said, there are a few rules and policies that attendees must follow in order for everyone to have a safe and fun time at the event:
Dress Code: All cosplayers must wear the following articles at all times while inside Tioga Downs:
- Clothing: This is a family friendly event. No costume is considered No Costume. Absolutely no nudity. Please ensure that all costumes are properly secured at all times and are not prone to “indecent accidents”.
- Footwear: To ensure your safety, we ask that you wear proper footwear at all times..
- Weapons Policy: Please refer to our weapons policy below.
- Mock or Play-fighting is not allowed. Wielding or handling weapons or props in a way that could potentially cause harm to others is prohibited, whether there was intent to harm others or not.
- Large Costumes: Please be sure to keep all large costumes contained as much as possible. We recommend the use of handlers to help manage your costume if it is large costume.
Weapons Policies: We have a few important rules regarding weapons and props for cosplay and items that may be purchased in the dealer’s room.
Weapons NOT Permitted:
- NO LIVE STEEL at all will be permitted on the premises. Live steel is defined as swords, knives, bayonets, cane-swords, and/or other objects made of metal, which can take an edge. This holds true regardless of whether the object is actually sharp. This includes star knives/shurikens.
- GUNS: The following types of guns are NOT PERMITTED.
- Real guns
- Stun guns
- Airsoft guns
Weapons must be used in a non-threatening manner.
There are to be no explosives or chemicals of any kind, including but not limited to smoke powder, sparklers and fireworks.
Weapons and Props Permitted:
Fake or made-up prop weaponry (for example, made of wood, foam, bondo, resin, plaster, cardboard, etc) are permitted if they are safe and not dangerous to the other con-goers around you. For example, dangerous conditions include but are not limited to wires sticking out, items that trip passersby, clothes lining a member, etc. Please try to limit the size of prop to less than 8 feet in height and weighing less than 50 pounds. If you do happen to make something heavy, make sure you are able to carry it without a problem.
Behavior with weapons:
Anything can be innocent or harmful depending on how it’s being handled. If you handle something innocently, you won’t be bothered about it. If it appears that what you are carrying may become a problem, we will ask you to put it in your room/car. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
All questionable items will be decided on a case-by-case basis. Anything deemed illegal outside the convention is deemed illegal inside the convention premises. All staff decisions on weapons are final.